Friday 19 December 2014

6 Days of Christmas: Day 1 Vintage Merry Go Round

Hi bloggers, I am so delayed with my Countdown to Christmas this year that I've decided to cut it short to only 6 days to take us up to Christmas Eve. I almost thought to for-go the whole thing but I owe it to you guys to give you that last bit of inspiration for 2014. I have to say the last few months have been very hectic and a certain passion for writing on the blog had started to fade. However I love this time of year and for the last 6 days leading up to Christmas I want to share with you some of my favourite things about Christmas with some creativity thrown in-between.
So apologies for the late delay but I promise I've saved the best 6 ideas for this all important countdown.

So let's start with Day 1: Vintage Merry Go Round



So Day 1 starts with this stunning vintage merry-go-round ornament that we are proudly sitting on our sideboard this year. This was a very lucky find at a recent Vintage Christmas Fair in Penshurst and we have to say it was a very fair price considering the more modern versions around today - only £50. All in good working condition with a range of  non-Christmas and Christmas songs including Carol of the Bells ( an all time favourite of mine). The paintwork is gorgeous and its just one of those pieces that you look forward to getting out at Christmas.

There's still time before Christmas to try and get yourself an original piece, look out for Vintage Fairs happening near where you live.


No comments :

Post a Comment