Saturday 3 August 2013

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Party


Hi bloggers, today I am reporting back on my first children's party that I helped a friend prepare for and I'm going to share with you all the different decorations and party ideas we used. As you can see in the picture above, Alfie played the part of Willy Wonka at his 6th birthday party and the table in the background is just a glimpse of the food and decor that went into this party!

Let's start from the beginning with the design of the invitations.....


Each of these tickets were an invite to each guest to really get them into the theme of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Next lets look at the range of party decorations we used. First up is the backdrop to the table which are the gates to Willy Wonka's factory. For this I used two A1 size sheets of paper and each piece acted as each side of the gate.



From the ceiling we hung some spiral decorations that we found in the Pound Shop and also hung some birthday bunting along the top.


Balloons wrapped in cellophane were scattered across the ceiling (must use helium to create this effect), a good/bad egg sign was stuck to the wall with gold painted eggs in front of the scales. Sweets and wrappers were also scattered across the walls with balloons hanging out as gobstoppers from one wrapper. We wanted the children to be able to create their own inventions and therefore prepped an 'Invention Table' with arts and crafts materials.


A sweet doorway was created using lollipops and string.


We also created a photobooth area for the children to dress up and take photos, the crazier the better. A range of props were set up on the table including a masquerade mask, big glasses, blow up guitar and a mini Willy Wonka hat. Me and Bobbie posed for a few shots ourselves before the party (to test it out of course!)

So what about all that food on the table........


We wanted everything to have a crazy Willy Wonka theme so I designed some labels for the drinks bottles to read 'Wonka Pop' and 'Fizzy Lifting Drink'. I also made some food picks with Willy Wonka on to place on different food items. Lollies were collated together in painted pots with umbrellas. Bobbie made some white chocolate lollies using a smiley face chocolate mould. Food such as marshmallow cones, chocolate teddy bears and a chocolate fountain were also available. A lot of sugar!!!


I also made labels for other items such as 'Wonka' Chocolate bars and 'Magical Lifting Bubbles'.


Party bags were also designed as a thank you from Mr Willy Wonka!


A real life Oompa Loompa also made an appearance at the party!


Blowing out the candles at the end of a spectacular party.

This post was a little different to the vintage inspired projects I usually post but my love for anything Party/Wedding has really taken off on Pinterest and when I had the chance to help my friend plan a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Party I couldn't resist. So these our my first steps in the party planning direction. Don't worry I will of course still be posting about new projects I've designed and upcoming workshops. However if you need a bit of help and inspiration with an upcoming party, give me a shout, I would love to offer any guidance I can or simply check out my Pinterest page.

Photos from this event will be available on Pinterest to add to your party inspiration boards.












1 comment :