Tuesday 11 June 2013

Fancy planning a party?


So if any of you have been following me on Pinterest, you may have noticed my obsession with pinning party ideas, tablescapes and anything vintage party related. This mainly started when I was planning my last birthday party which was a Cinderella inspired vintage tea party, please see post for party details. Since then I have also created several other pin boards for Craft Parties, Vintage Parties and the one I'm most keen to keep filling up is my Vintage Mardi Gras party, which is going to be the theme of my birthday party this year, and it is definitely going to be bigger and better than last year. As a massive Disney fan, most of my ideas usually build on an idea from a Disney film and this next party will be based on the New Orleans style from the Disney film, Princess and the Frog (if you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend!)

So to keep me inspired with new ideas I recently purchased two Somerset Mingle books by Stampington and Company and they are absolutely fantastic. Its lovely to read other people's stories of how they came up with a theme and how they also love to plan parties and occasions. This could be my calling in life. I have included a few snapshots from the books below, to give you an idea of the types of party themes you can find in these books. And at £ 7.95 from Rainbow Silks, they are a complete steal!






 Have you planned any parties recently or flicked through a Somerset Mingle book?



No comments :

Post a Comment