Sunday 2 June 2013

Back in Business

Hi bloggers and hasn't it been a long time! The past month has been a blur of revision and deadlines and I can now finally scream with excitement that university is finally over. These past 3 years have gone past so fast and I have honestly learnt a lot about business which has helped contribute to the type of business that I would like to create. If that will happen in the near future, I am not sure, but for now I am enjoying this free time to be creative, design some new workshops and teach others the beautiful art of crafting!
Talking about teaching others, yesterday was our first Vintage Follie workshop at the house this year and I think everyone was craving some creative time. So we set up the tables, got out the vintage china and had a glorious day of crafting, drinking tea and eating plenty of cake.

Project:Vintage Hanging Pocket


The best way for me to tell you the story of the day is in pictures so sit back, relax and scroll down through the pictures.......

  Table of inspiration -  full of books to get those ideas flowing


 Tables set up with the essential tools

 Trolley set up with papers, paints, old pattern papers and more......

Table full of fabric, lace, ribbons and trims

 Vintage Brooches

So what were the results of this fantastic day............

The first to finish was Julie B with this beautiful wedding inspired hanging pocket


Next to finish was Pauline, loving this floral finish



This beautiful hanging pocket by Lynne definitely has a vintage romantic look about it



Joanne added some Paris chic to her hanging pocket



Craig's vintage classic gentlemen pocket worked really well and I absolutely love the added touch of the vintage pocket watch.



Mum also got to finish off her pocket on the day and the rosette is the perfect finishing touch


So thats a wrap for another craft day and a step in a more creative direction.

I now have a lot more time on my hands to get back to grips with the blog, so expect some changes and a lot more blog posts.

I want to finish off this post with a message of Congratulations to the girls at Trends with Benefits who won Best Crafting blog as part of the company blogger awards, well done girls! I would like to thank everyone who voted for me and it has definitely been a boost to be recognised and shortlisted.




















No comments :

Post a Comment