Tuesday 7 August 2012

Time to unwind....

Hi bloggers, I've finally got round to making another post after a hectic few weeks. July has seemed to have flown past and every weekend we have been busy visiting craft events or hosting workshops so it was finally nice to have a little time out on Saturday. And what better way to relax then visit another vintage shop, this time a shop called Marmadukes in Midhurst. The week before at our Lampshade craft day we had been tipped off by Lynne to go and visit this shop as there were 3 floors of crammed in junk and vintage treasures, and Lynne was spot on. Just getting through the door seemed a bit of a mission with furniture and old sorts lying around, the walkways were only big enough for one person at a time.



After searching through piles of fabric and rooms full with old china, old furniture, vintage clothes and lots of lampshades, we found a few bits to take away with us. Mum bought up some fabric, an old slip garment and bags of cotton reels, which she has plenty of plans for.

We took a stroll around the rest of Midhurst which is full of quaint little shops each with their own unique style of products. We passed a gorgeous tearoom which I just had to take a picture of and the cakes in the window just looked divine.


So if you are looking for a little rest and relaxation I highly recommend a visit to Midhurst for an afternoon stroll. And an added bonus, the first car park on the way into Midhurst town is the cheapest car park I think I've ever seen. Check out the prices below:


Just before I go, a few weeks ago I shared a post of a fabric heart that I had made, which had surprised me because I really only knew the basic sewing techniques. However since making that one I have become addicted to these hearts and have made many more and they are really easy to make. I will share a few of my latest designs with you next time.

No comments :

Post a Comment