Tuesday 10 July 2012

Vintage Tags


Good morning bloggers,today I am going to share with you a really simple and quick project that you can make which can be added to anything, from a card to a gift bag and even a lampshade. Yes, I have created another lampshade as an added bit of inspiration for our lampshade workshop coming up at the end of the month, still 4 places available so get in touch.

Inspired by some exmaples I had found in magazines and on the internet I decided to make some tags using a simple collage. All you need is a regular size tag, one image of your choice, a piece of coorugated cardboard, some lace or trims and then a stamp to create a background.



Start with the background of the tag, you may want to add a little distress ink (Vintage Photo) around the edge to make the tag look more vintage and then I either used a script stamp or an old postage stamp image in the background. Next, cut out the image you want and then begin to layer with the cardboard and the lace. Once you are satisfied with the layout, the easiest way to attach the lace and cardboard was by using the Tim Holtz tiny attacher and then I simply used double sided tape to adhere the image. Finish off with a small trim along the bottom of the tag.



Now you can either leave it as a simple tag which could be attached to a gift bag or you could adhere it to a card or make a banner/bunting using all the tags. I have decided to use them as a decoration to another lampshade that I have created.











I also added some hanging elements underneath this lampshade, creating two smaller tags and I also hung a chandelier drop as well. I used some jewellery beading to dangle underneath the lampshade. There is so much you can do and add to create such a delicate and unique lampshade that I still want to make one more and share that with you.






No comments :

Post a Comment