Saturday 9 July 2011

Vintage Scrapbook



Hey bloggers, today I'm going to give you an insight into our new workshop that is coming up in a couple of weeks, called 'Vintage Scrapbook'. This project is perfect for scrapbooking memories from a special occasion such as weddings, birthdays and christmas. It can also be used to scrapbook favourite recipes or ideas or maybe you just want a book to collage all your favourite photos. This project is different to other scrapbooks because you can use special effects to age and distress your photos, making them appear vintage, as if they were taken years ago. The size of the book is just larger than 6" x 4" photographs so its small enough to fit into a bag and could be used as a brag book to show all your friends when you're out.
There are a few photos below of some of the pages from my example of a book that I've made scrapbooking my California holiday.




On this page I made a pocket from an old dictionary sheet, which is a good way to scrapbook photos or bits of ephemera that you don't want to stick down permanently.


You can see on the edge of the photo that I used a hinge clip, these are very useful for clipping bits of ephemera to pages. On this page I used some of Tim Holtz ticket stamps to add a memento.


For this page I used memo pins to hold my photo in place, they look very vintage and are also another way of placing photos into the book without sticking them permanently.


As you can see from the photos in my book, I have made them look nostalgic and vintage. This technique can be achieved by uploading your photos to a website called Fotoflexer. Its really simple to do and doesn't cost anything. Below is a step by step video on how to upload your photos and apply these effects.

 

You can also add text to your photos through fotoflexer, which allows you to write memories or captions on your photos. Well I hope that was a good insight into our new workshop and those that are attending I hope you have gained some inspiration for your own vintage scrapbook.

Until next time........

Sue & Sarah



No comments :

Post a Comment