Tuesday 19 July 2011

Vintage Scrapbook: Example No. 2


Hey bloggers, me and mum have been super busy the past few days working on more examples for our vintage scrapbook workshop, beginning on Saturday. I have finished my Disneyland Paris scrapbook and have posted some photos below to give you guys a sneak peek and to let you into some brilliant tips and techniques. I have to warn you now, this is not the first Disney craft project I have done or will do in the future. I love Disney and I tend to incorporate it in most projects. Anyway...... to the scrapbook, here we go......


As you can see from the cover, I have used vintage Disney images and have stuck them on like you would find stickers on old suitcases. I also decided to add a belt to secure the book together and used an old buckle and a piece of brown trimming to make it. You will also notice that I have stitched around the stickers which enhances the vintage appearance of the book. There is a close up of the stitches below.



In these scrapbooks I haven't put much text alongside the picture because sometimes I think it can make it look a bit messy, so I usually add a small tag or ticket with key words such as 'trip' or 'journey' and then add important dates. However this is up to the individual and some text can add interest to a page.


I used a super cool technique on this page using clear embossing powder. If you stamp your image with embossing ink and then use clear embossing powder it will create a clear image. However this embossed image will act as a resist to distress ink, therefore when you blend the ink over the top, your original image will show through, creating this effect.


On this page you will notice that I have used a damask shape mask in the background, which are really good for adding interest to a plain background. I have also used crepe paper to make a round flower shape and secured it with a brad. Easy and simple embellishment.


I decided to make a pull out tag for this book and I created this by sticking two of my pages together to make the gap for the tag to pull out from. Then just stick your images to the tag and add a hinge clip so that its easier to pull the tag out, simple!

I am currently working on the wedding vintage scrapbook and it is going so well, so I can't wait to show you bloggers as soon as its finished. We're also still waiting for some CHA videos to appear on YouTube for a full review on all the new craft products being released. And tomorrow is Ardingly, starting to get super excited!

Until next time...............

Sue & Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment