Friday 1 July 2011

Off to the Stable......



Hey bloggers, today has been another day of exciting vintage hunting and the location was Stable Antiques in Storrington, which we have visited on numerous occasions. This is one of the best antique shops in Sussex, it has two floors of jam packed treasures, hidden in little nooks and crannies, hanging from the ceiling and even a garden out the back for vintage garden tables and chairs. Well worth checking out if you're in the area. So what did we find? Feast your eyes on these beauties!


Well I am sooooo excited that I have finally found a vintage library drawer. After being inspired by a 7gypsies library drawer that they released last year I have been on the hunt for a genuine vintage drawer and I couldn't believe it when I saw it sitting on a table as I walked through the door and at £16, it was definitely a bargain!!!


Mum's find of the day was an old tin full to the brim with buttons on cards, also at an astonishing £16. Though I think we now have enough buttons to last us a few years but heck no one can have enough buttons, surely?


We also found a small chest of drawers that will be perfect for storing mum's excessive over flowing vintage haberdashery items in.


After stashing all these items in the boot of the car, we headed down to Hove in Sussex to hunt for a shop that stocked the Annie Sloan paint, which I discussed in the last post. Well I did warn you that we would be buying more colours. However they were running low on supplies and we only managed to walk away with only one tester pot of the colour Versailles, which is a yellowy green shade. I was desperate to get a large pot of the Old Ochre so that I could paint a chest of drawers in my room but that will have to wait until another day.
Can't wait to get painting again, it can be quite addictive. Probably the old library drawer which I will keep you posted with.
Until next time...........

Sue & Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment