Thursday 7 July 2011

Configuration Craft Day


Hey bloggers, sorry I haven't posted in a few days, been busy learning tips and techniques about face painting. Another new venture and creative area that I am currently dabbling in as a favour for a friend.
Anyway, today's post is about our last craft workshop which was inspired by the Artsycrafts event that me and mum went to back in February with Tim Holtz. We had hosted craft days before for friends and family, but they were more informal and they could make whatever they wanted with the mountain of supplies we had around the house. However this time we wanted to teach them how to make a whole project, which was one of Tim's configuration boxes. We couldn't believe how much of a success the craft workshop was, everyone enjoyed themselves and loved the fact that we were teaching them new techniques with products they hadn't used before. I have to say the results were amazing, everyone's configuration box turned out so different, according to what theme they were going for and really reflected people's personalities. Here are a few photos below of the craft day and also examples of some of the configuration boxes made on the day.











Since this workshop was successful, me and mum decided to host another workshop which will be coming up in about 2 weeks time. Its called 'Vintage Scrapbook' and next time I'll let you into a few insights into what the project is all about and a few tips and techniques that you can use to make your own at home.

A quick update...........
I thought I would let you see how I transformed my library drawer that I bought last weekend at Stable Antiques. I used some Annie Sloan paint in duck egg blue and just look at the transformation.........

Before, in its original condition

After


This paint can be distressed so easily and sands off like a dream to create a beautiful shabby chic design. Hope you like.
Until next time.......

Sue & Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment